“VALUE” matters more than “VENUE”
Science Postprint creates value by connecting science-lovers and researchers, and promoting and implementing international collaborative research.
Science Postprint is a Peer-Reviewed International Open-Access Journal
Since modern times, the West has been the center of development of science and technology as well as medical technology. However, researchers in developing countries are expected to be mature in the near future. In order to support such researchers in Asia, Africa, and South America, Science PostPrint (SPP) was established by entrepreneurs from China and Japan as an open access journal to publish peer-reviewed scientific articles. One of the missions of SPP is to be a substantial help for those researchers and serve as an indispensable infrastructure for science communication with rapid and high-integrity publications.
SPP receives submissions focusing around Medicine including Nursing and Dentistry, Life Sciences, and Environmental Sciences that cover Agronomy, and Veterinary Science. We also accept papers in the field of Science Policies and Science & Medical Education as related fields.
To facilitate science communication, SPP will never stop listening to and responding to the high expectations of citizens and researchers, providing unique and valuable systems.
Innovative Concepts in Science Postprint
- Full Open Access: All parts of the manuscripts are available for every reader for free.
- Two Choices in Peer Review: Authors can choose from Traditional Peer Review (Single blind peer review) and Post Publication Peer Review (Open peer review).
- Prompt Publication: In Traditional Peer Review, the shortest period from submission to official acceptance was 16 days. In Post Publication Peer Review, publication will be within 3 working days of the submission.
- Credible Peer Review: SPP is supported by more than 500 Editorial Board Members; about 60% of them consist of Professors and Associate Professors from North America or Japan.
- Grading by Peer Reviewers: The average of ratings by peer reviewers is published as indices for the value of the article.
- Encourage Researchers: SPP offers a space for academic awards or grants that are sponsored by some organizations or businesses. At the same time, SPP prepares several discounts for authors.
- Research Funding Platform: SPP enables citizens to donate research funds to their favorite researchers.
- Multi-language Environment: To mitigate the language barriers, SPP recommend authors to publish abstracts in their mother tongue. Editorial Office translates abstracts into Japanese.
From Publication to Collaboration
For scientific progress it goes without saying that deep specialization is crucial but there are possibilities for great innovation in the collaboration of different fields. For example, regenerative medicine researchers and genetic engineering researchers, or systematic botany researchers and biochemistry researchers might work together. Of course there are many precedents for such collaboration but our aim is to further accelerate them. At SPP, we aim to accept a broad range of papers and offer a place where researchers can explore joint researches in the future.
In Traditional Peer Review publication, we shorten the process of publication from several months to three weeks at the earliest by prompt internal check and smooth cooperation with our Editorial Board.
In publication by Post Publication Peer Review, we achieve publication within three working days of the submission.
Science Postprint ensures the accessibility for all data contained in every article.
Full Open Access for Non-Profit
All articles in Science Postprint can be used freely in any circumstances without obtaining copyright permission as long as the use is for non-profit purpose (CC-BY-NC-ND2.1JP: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/2.1/jp/deed.en).
Assisting Students and International Joint Research
Science Postprint encourages students and researchers who collaborate internationally.
Possibility of Research Funding Acquisition
Science Postprint is implementing a “crowd-funding” system that allows the public to view and fund to projects which they find exciting. We believe that crowd-funding will connect science-lovers and researchers directly and benefit both parties.
For Citizens in Non-English-Speaking Countries
Science Postprint mitigates the language barrier which has been one of the biggest challenges for non-English-speakers by providing abstracts of articles in native tongues of main authors.